cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TorreyFalconer
Helper IV
Helper IV

Bad Gateway on Update item action

I created a list and used the "build a flow" option from that list. I did that because it gave the trigger option of "When an item in this list is modified", which is not normally an option as a trigger when you build a flow from scratch.

Basically I need my flow to trigger from a modified item, get the item and then update the same item that is in another sharepoint list. I essentially have two separate sharepoint lists that compile into a single other list (master list). When something is deleted from one of the single lists, it needs to then delete from the master list. I planned to do this in two separate flows, as the "modified" trigger will need to be triggered independently from the two lists in order to delete it from the master.

The problem is that I am getting a 502 error on the "Update" action during this flow. I have tried refreshing connections, rebuilding and exiting the browser and nothing seems to fix this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TorreyFalconer ,

You couldn't enter the ID dynamic content from the trigger in the Id field of Update item action, sice the corresponding item in the master list will not have the same Id with the trigger item.

So please make sure you have a column in the master list would the same with the item in the separate list, such as the Title of the corresponding item are same in the separate list and the master list.

If the Title of the corresponding item are same in the separate list and the master list, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

You should not need Get Items, as you already have the item details from the trigger is there a filter on the get items, or are you processing everything in the list everytime one item is modified?

One item at a time as it is modified. I eliminated the "Get Items" action and it still gives me the same error. 

i would suggest to post the full configuration

In your 2nd list, do the ID's match up?

I suspect not which is why you get th error as there is likely no item with ID 19.

Before the update item do a Get Items the ODATA query will be something like:

Incident_x0020_ID_x0020_Number eq 'ID'

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TorreyFalconer ,

You couldn't enter the ID dynamic content from the trigger in the Id field of Update item action, sice the corresponding item in the master list will not have the same Id with the trigger item.

So please make sure you have a column in the master list would the same with the item in the separate list, such as the Title of the corresponding item are same in the separate list and the master list.

If the Title of the corresponding item are same in the separate list and the master list, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,249)