Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Bad gateway 502 Onedrive pdf converter

Hello Everyone,

I had built a flow 2 months ago that would convert word files on a sharepoint document repository into PDF. Eventually it evolved to converting excel files so a switch case was built to accomodate. This was all working fine for a while until yesterday 10/28.

The flow was able to save the file to onedrive but failed on the conversion to PDF with a bad gateway 502 error. In the body it stated:

"The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.\r\n inner exception: An error occurred while sending the request.\r\n inner exception: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.\r\n inner exception: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.\r\n inner exception: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host",

I attempted to rerun the flow and try other files and resulted in the same thing.

I decided to open a support ticket. Support had me rebuild the connector connection and noticed the icon for onedrive had updated. It continued to fail, so we ended up rebuilding a copy of the flow and resulted in the same issue. The tech upon checking the gateways tab was met with a message about needing a subscription stated to me pdf conversion on onedrive needed a premium licensce. I was totally confused stating that it made no sense as the changes occurred oct 1st and still ran fine up until yesterday.  It then evolved into saying i was possibly on a trial account. (I am under GCC g3 Lic, and not using free flow). Eventually he got back to me and explained he was wrong so we further troubleshoot the issue.

We ended up opening up IE with browser cache clear. The flow tested and then ran fine without the gateway issue. His explanation was that when i built my flow, the flow designer was possibly pulling in old cached information into building my flow therefore resulting in the gateway 502 errors. Resaving in IE with new cache clear fixed the problem was his explanation. This baffled me as it didnt really make sense that a cloud platform would rely on browser cache to authenticate. This would lead me to believe there are many other users that run into this same scenario using Chrome.

Has anyone ran into a similar incident and explanation like this before? Also if anyone knows the onedrive pdf converter requires a premium lic? Or was i fed a bunch of baloney and connections on the backend fixed itself. If this is truly the root cause of the issue, then the flow designer needs to be redesigned.

Thanks
Jason
38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted

I've tried increasing the interval and the counts several times.  It just ends up taking longer to ultimately fail the whole flow.  

Highlighted

Continuing to get failures all this morning. Support has been non existent asking me to run network traces on my end which makes no sense.

Every conversion is leading to:

bad gateway timeout.JPG

Other users not on the same tenant are facing the same error. 

Highlighted

Week 3, still failing:

{
"error": {
"code": 502,
"source": "power-apis-usgov001-public.azure-apihub.us",
"clientRequestId": "25a3df29-ca16-41b9-8e7e-39ed35418bcd",
"message": "BadGateway",
"innerError": {
"status": 502,
"message": "Error from Office Service. Url=https://wordcs.osi.office365.us:973/wordca/wordconversionservice.svc/rest/ConvertFileUrl HttpCode=OK cert=subject:E=wwdcsse@microsoft.com, CN=OneDriveToWord-USGov, OU=Office Service Infrastructure, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=U
"source": "api.connectorp.svc.ms"
}
}
}
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I am having the same issue. Are there any updates on this? It said my connections had broken and then I fixed them and that didn't fix anything. 

Thanks

Ben Fetters

If this solved the problem for you, feel free to hit "Accept as Solution" so others can find the answer easier. 🙂

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters
Power Apps/Power Automate Developer
www.sovereignsp.com
Highlighted

No failures this week. Support got back to me asking me if the issue was still occurring. Would be nice to know what exactly was broken and what they fixed...

All of my connections broke as well and had to reauthenticate. PITA

Highlighted

This week this method is not running.

Highlighted

What error are you getting? @adminafrasa 

Highlighted

The same error 502 Bad Gateway.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. The connection is timing out and causing my flow to run extremely slow. What's the deal?

Highlighted

Additional information, I am seeing things move at a rate of 2 documents every 5 to 6 minutes. The document isn't very large at all.

Highlighted

When mine failed it would run for 10-15 mins on a retry then eventually fail.

Can you paste the detailed error you are seeing in the flow history?

Highlighted

Here is the error. Additional information is that occurs while looping through records and this was in the middle of the run.

badGateway-err.JPGbadGateway-err2.JPG

Highlighted

Has the file been deleted? 404 indicates the resource dosent exist. Possibly removed or deleted.

Highlighted

No. That action is creating a file in OneDrive using the content of the Word template that was filled out in the prior step.

Highlighted

Probably should paste the entire flow history where it fails. Almost sounds like its user clicking on create word doc, which launches a document.docx file (which saves automatically) then user renames the file, by the time the flow gets to that step, it cannot locate the original document.docx thus the 404.

Need more details to understand what is going on.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I've got the same problem today, 65 % of my flows failed and I received this message:

{
  "error": {
    "code"502,
    "source""flow-apim-msmanaged-na-centralus-01.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId""52ce1a14-a11d-4d1f-9136-7a2754dd209d",
    "message""BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status"502,
      "message""Service Unavailable - <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN' 'http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd'><html xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'>...>",
      "source""api.connectorp.svc.ms"
    }
  }
}
Highlighted

I would suggest create a ticket to the powerautomate team. Based on the message i guess they are aware, but this needs more attention

Highlighted

Hi All,

I have fixed this problem by changing CDS to D365 Connectors.

Recently i faced this problem when I changed connectors from D365 to CDS Current Environment as D365 has been depricated. When I changed the connector back to D365, then the issue has gone.

Thanks,

Masood

Highlighted

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,884)