Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmariBarino
Helper I
Helper I

Base64 Image to Email

Hello all, 

I have a column in my Sharepoint list with image info encoded as Base64. I then want to create a flow that sends an email with the form data stored in a sharepoint list including the picture but I cannot find a way to convert the data into an image file. 

So a user submits their name, email address, phone number, then captures a picture of themselves in a powerapp and that data is stored in a sharepoint list. 

Is this possible? 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AmariBarino ,

This is a datauri . Please try the datauritobinary function instead of base64tobinary function.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AmariBarino ,

If you have a base64 string column in sp list, you could use base64tobinary function to create a file content.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1647853357791.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1647853369488.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1647853382122.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Thank you for your response! I tried using this in my flow before and kept getting the following error: Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose' inputs at line '0' and column '0'. The value cannot be decoded from base64 representation. I tried rebuilding the flow as I've seen suggested in other threads but I'm still getting the same error. 

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AmariBarino ,

Please provide details. 

Best Regards,

Wearsky

AmariBarino
Helper I
Helper I

I attached images of my flow below. It fails on the compose step. error.PNG

d247a34a-0f66-4951-bdbf-5fc8910949c3.png

sharepoint column.PNG

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AmariBarino ,

This is a datauri . Please try the datauritobinary function instead of base64tobinary function.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

That worked! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,377)