Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmariBarino
Helper I
Helper I

Base64 Image to Email

Hello all, 

I have a column in my Sharepoint list with image info encoded as Base64. I then want to create a flow that sends an email with the form data stored in a sharepoint list including the picture but I cannot find a way to convert the data into an image file. 

So a user submits their name, email address, phone number, then captures a picture of themselves in a powerapp and that data is stored in a sharepoint list. 

Is this possible? 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AmariBarino ,

This is a datauri . Please try the datauritobinary function instead of base64tobinary function.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AmariBarino ,

If you have a base64 string column in sp list, you could use base64tobinary function to create a file content.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1647853357791.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1647853369488.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1647853382122.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Thank you for your response! I tried using this in my flow before and kept getting the following error: Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose' inputs at line '0' and column '0'. The value cannot be decoded from base64 representation. I tried rebuilding the flow as I've seen suggested in other threads but I'm still getting the same error. 

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AmariBarino ,

Please provide details. 

Best Regards,

Wearsky

AmariBarino
Helper I
Helper I

I attached images of my flow below. It fails on the compose step. error.PNG

d247a34a-0f66-4951-bdbf-5fc8910949c3.png

sharepoint column.PNG

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AmariBarino ,

This is a datauri . Please try the datauritobinary function instead of base64tobinary function.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

That worked! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,970)