Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LennartWalldén
Advocate II
Advocate II

Base64 decoding with special characters

Hi all,

I am currently trying to create a flow where I am fetching data from a SOAP-based web service. Everything runs fine thanks to  @Expiscornovus. But I still have one problem. When I Decode the Base64 encoded answer I lose our swedish special characters "å", "ä" and "ö". They are replaced with some odd special characters. The answer is encoded with the ISO 8859-1 standard which includes these characters. 

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Example of base64 string:
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

3 REPLIES 3
LennartWalldén
Advocate II
Advocate II

Look above....(Don't know how to delete this reply....)

SamuelBenjamin
Frequent Visitor

Did you found a solution? I'm facing same issue... 

Hi @SamuelBenjamin ,

No, I gave up and now we are waiting for our vendor to finalize an REST API instead. I think it is only two people who voted for this to be changed, so there is probably no chance that it will be made in the near future.

The trouble is that this function is limited to UTF-8 character set, instead of e.g ISO 8859 which has support for a lot of special characters.

Hope you find some other solution.

/Lennart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,166)