Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Base64 to Binary

Hello all,

I am trying to reformat a base64 img to binary, this base64 string is being produced from a powerapp camera action. In order to display these base64 images in powerbi seems like i need them to be in binary then convert them back to base64 in powerbi for them to show, at least this is what i am seeing online. If anyone has a better method or how to do this i would appreicate the help 

Thanks ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Base64 to Binary

HI @mmattar 

Yes. Please see the blog post where I have explained that step in the camera control part. Also, note that you might have to modify your formula and use the new JSON fucntion to include the binary data from that url and send it flow to create the file (image in this case). 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @mmattar 

Please see the blog post below where I have used the JSON function to pass the image from PowerApps to Flow:

https://www.appliedis.com/newly-released-json-function-for-powerapps/

For the image content conversion, you need to use the dataUritoBinary() funtion. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thanks for the reply, is thier anyway to reformat "appres://blobmanager/60c781170ad8475fbe2dfd7834923751/1" to a viewable image format ? 

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

HI @mmattar 

Yes. Please see the blog post where I have explained that step in the camera control part. Also, note that you might have to modify your formula and use the new JSON fucntion to include the binary data from that url and send it flow to create the file (image in this case). 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,801)