Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ogun_ustun
Helper III
Helper III

Batch E-mailing with Options Based on the Valus in SharePoint List

Dear All,

Since i am pretty new creating flow, i need your support in order to make my idea "live" by using power automate. Details:

- I have a SP list which includes more than 200 supplier details.

- Each supplier has a pick up day. (From Mon to Fri)

- What would like to proceed;

1. For instance for the suppliers which has Monday pick up day

2. To proceed a flow which will send e-mails to each supplier with options

3. Option will be:

- I will book to the carrier for pick up

- I have no goods for this week

4. Supplier will input the responce, i will analyse the input and proceed pick up planing.

Each supplier must receive separated e-mail. For instance 40 supplier have Monday pick up day, there should be 40 different e-mails.

My list as following:

Can you please review and let me know wheter i can be applicable or not?

2020-09-02 16_31_55-Start.png

Thanks

Ogun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hardesh15
Super User II
Super User II

@Ogun_ustun 

please follow below steps- i am triggering flow everyday (Mon to Fri) on 10AM.

Hardesh15_0-1599055168777.pngHardesh15_1-1599055228260.png

12345.jpg

once they select in any option in email , i am storing that response in Compose action. What do you want to do after this step? let me know.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hardesh15
Super User II
Super User II

@Ogun_ustun 

please follow below steps- i am triggering flow everyday (Mon to Fri) on 10AM.

Hardesh15_0-1599055168777.pngHardesh15_1-1599055228260.png

12345.jpg

once they select in any option in email , i am storing that response in Compose action. What do you want to do after this step? let me know.

View solution in original post

@Hardesh15thanks for the quick responce.

I have some questions:

- Pick Up Day column is a text column. (I just wrote day name) I must change it to date format and but a date which equals to "related day" For intance 07.09.2020 = Monday. What if in case year change, i must update all the dates? Pick up day is always fix.

My purpose is at the end of the flow, to record suppliers reply in SP list. I know how to do it so.

With your below flow each supplier will receive individual e-mail correct?

If you review my questions and support me i will be glad.

Thanks

@Ogun_ustun 

Each supplier will get individual email in this flow.

Days do not change based on year. As you can see in my compose action i am using formatDateTime function with 'dddd' . Four times d return day(Monday, Tuesday...). So you do not need to change anything here. everything is dynamic in this case.

Design your flow and if you face any problem No worries i will help you.

Thanks

Hardesh

@Ogun_ustun 

I agree with the solution provided by @Hardesh15 but would like to add a few comments.

First, remember that Get Items returns only 100 records by default and will return a maximum of 5000 items assuming you have a standard Office 365 license.  To increase the number of items returned, go to settings for the action, turn on pagination and set the Threshold up to a maximum of 5000.

Also, you probably want to use a Filter query rather than retrieving every item in the SharePoint list and looping through each one and applying a condition.  The filter will allow you to retrieve only the items you want.  Please note that in my Example below PickUpDay is the internal name of the column - yours may differ.  Also please note the single quotes around my expression.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@Hardesh15i need your support. My flow is working fine but apart from one point:

- If first receiver does not responce, the e-mail is not being sent to other receviers:

- My flow as following

Also can we recorde responce date? I check the options but the outcome was negative

Can you please review and support me why all e-mail are not sent to all the receiver at the same time?

2020-09-04 08_56_10-Start.png2020-09-04 08_56_30-Start.png2020-09-04 08_56_45-Start.png

E-mail firstly is sent to row 1 than row 1 response and second row receives the e-mail

2020-09-04 08_58_07-Start.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,257)