Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ogun_ustun
Helper III
Helper III

Batch E-mailing with Options Based on the Valus in SharePoint List

Dear All,

Since i am pretty new creating flow, i need your support in order to make my idea "live" by using power automate. Details:

- I have a SP list which includes more than 200 supplier details.

- Each supplier has a pick up day. (From Mon to Fri)

- What would like to proceed;

1. For instance for the suppliers which has Monday pick up day

2. To proceed a flow which will send e-mails to each supplier with options

3. Option will be:

- I will book to the carrier for pick up

- I have no goods for this week

4. Supplier will input the responce, i will analyse the input and proceed pick up planing.

Each supplier must receive separated e-mail. For instance 40 supplier have Monday pick up day, there should be 40 different e-mails.

My list as following:

Can you please review and let me know wheter i can be applicable or not?

2020-09-02 16_31_55-Start.png

Thanks

Ogun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@Ogun_ustun 

please follow below steps- i am triggering flow everyday (Mon to Fri) on 10AM.

Hardesh15_0-1599055168777.pngHardesh15_1-1599055228260.png

12345.jpg

once they select in any option in email , i am storing that response in Compose action. What do you want to do after this step? let me know.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@Ogun_ustun 

please follow below steps- i am triggering flow everyday (Mon to Fri) on 10AM.

Hardesh15_0-1599055168777.pngHardesh15_1-1599055228260.png

12345.jpg

once they select in any option in email , i am storing that response in Compose action. What do you want to do after this step? let me know.

View solution in original post

@Hardesh15thanks for the quick responce.

I have some questions:

- Pick Up Day column is a text column. (I just wrote day name) I must change it to date format and but a date which equals to "related day" For intance 07.09.2020 = Monday. What if in case year change, i must update all the dates? Pick up day is always fix.

My purpose is at the end of the flow, to record suppliers reply in SP list. I know how to do it so.

With your below flow each supplier will receive individual e-mail correct?

If you review my questions and support me i will be glad.

Thanks

@Ogun_ustun 

Each supplier will get individual email in this flow.

Days do not change based on year. As you can see in my compose action i am using formatDateTime function with 'dddd' . Four times d return day(Monday, Tuesday...). So you do not need to change anything here. everything is dynamic in this case.

Design your flow and if you face any problem No worries i will help you.

Thanks

Hardesh

@Ogun_ustun 

I agree with the solution provided by @Hardesh15 but would like to add a few comments.

First, remember that Get Items returns only 100 records by default and will return a maximum of 5000 items assuming you have a standard Office 365 license.  To increase the number of items returned, go to settings for the action, turn on pagination and set the Threshold up to a maximum of 5000.

Also, you probably want to use a Filter query rather than retrieving every item in the SharePoint list and looping through each one and applying a condition.  The filter will allow you to retrieve only the items you want.  Please note that in my Example below PickUpDay is the internal name of the column - yours may differ.  Also please note the single quotes around my expression.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@Hardesh15i need your support. My flow is working fine but apart from one point:

- If first receiver does not responce, the e-mail is not being sent to other receviers:

- My flow as following

Also can we recorde responce date? I check the options but the outcome was negative

Can you please review and support me why all e-mail are not sent to all the receiver at the same time?

2020-09-04 08_56_10-Start.png2020-09-04 08_56_30-Start.png2020-09-04 08_56_45-Start.png

E-mail firstly is sent to row 1 than row 1 response and second row receives the e-mail

2020-09-04 08_58_07-Start.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,701)