cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Batch generate pdf from sharepoint list query

I just finished the edX course on PowerApps and Flow, and am over the top excited how much time this tool will save me. However, I'm a begginner. Here's my scenario:

Third party sales reps complete a form each month and email it to my company. Based on this form, eligibility for a payment is determined, and a monthly pdf request to accounting is generated to send payment to a distributor (who employs many sales reps). 

I have a sharepoint list where each item determines eligibility for the payment for that particular sales rep. With a manual trigger each month, I'd like Flow to query the sharepoint list, then generate pdf's of accounting payment requests for each distributor, and either save or email the result (I can do either of those).

How can Flow query a sharepoint list, return the eligible items, aggregate the items by distributor, then generate multiple pdf's based on an accounting template for payment requests to each distributor? Any help with suggested strategy or Flow tools would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Batch generate pdf from sharepoint list query

Hi @marcmackey,

You could take a try to use the "Filter array" action to get the the eligible items, also aggregate the items by distributor using the "Filter array" action,then create a excel table with those items,save the excel table in the Obedrive for business,and then convert the excel table to a pdf file.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Batch generate pdf from sharepoint list query

Hello,  @marcmackey!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,804)