cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbang3000
Helper II
Helper II

Best Method to send Notification to smart phone

Hi, I was just wondering, what is THE BEST method to push a notification to a smart phone within a flow?

I was to be able to notify myself of an event if I'm not looking at a flow or away from desk.

• 3rd Party app?
  • SMS message?

What is the best way to do this, something other than email.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to seeing everyone's responses!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey @tbang3000 

You might want to have a look at the Notification Service - The notification service enables notifications created by a flow to go to your email account or Microsoft Flow mobile app.

You can find few templates and review the documentation at - https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/shared_flowpush/notifications/ 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey @tbang3000 

You might want to have a look at the Notification Service - The notification service enables notifications created by a flow to go to your email account or Microsoft Flow mobile app.

You can find few templates and review the documentation at - https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/shared_flowpush/notifications/ 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

The Flow app is great with the notifications step added.  Thanks heaps!!!  now to figure out how to do that in PAD as well! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,060)