cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practice for removing an owner of a Flow

A series of Flows I manage were built on my predecessors account. I've added a Service account as owner on all of the Flows and used the Service account for the Connectors. I'm getting ready to retire my predecessors account but he created the Flows so I can't delete him. What's the best way to handle this when we delete his account? Because the Service account is an owner will the Flows still run? 

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are they Team Flows? Team Flows allow you to remove and add Flow owners as needed. 

teamFlows_2.png

teamFlows_3.png

If it isn't a team Flow, you will need to export it, and import it as a Team Flow:

ExportFlow.png

ImportFlow.png

Helpful Links

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are they Team Flows? Team Flows allow you to remove and add Flow owners as needed. 

teamFlows_2.png

teamFlows_3.png

If it isn't a team Flow, you will need to export it, and import it as a Team Flow:

ExportFlow.png

ImportFlow.png

Helpful Links

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brad_Groux 

Yes it's a Team Flow but I can't delete the owner who created the Flow (as shown below) who has now left the company, but I've added other owners. So when we delete Steve's account will the Flow stop? 

Owners.jpg

As long as you have updated the connectors used within the Flow to utilize an active account, deleting the account of the creator of a Team flow should not cause any issues. If you are really worried you could export the Flow or create a copy of the Flow before doing so. 

I created a flow that I shared witha Team.  It has moved from, 'My flows', to, 'Team flows'.  I am still shown as an owner and the delete button is greyed out.  Can a flow be owned by a team or does it have to be owned by at least one individual too?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,849)