cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Svenny
Advocate III
Advocate III

Best practise on managing connections across environments

In my organisation we are attempting professionalize how we develop flows and related solutions. For more advanced solutions, we are implementing development, test and production environments. With the introduction of environment variables in solutions, it is easier to manage variables that may change across enviroments.

However, I am unsure of how to best manage connections in these scenarios. I.e. there is one service principal for test and one for production. Is the only way to manage connections to change these manually for each activity when you import flows to a new environment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

You should use Solutions to promote code within Environments. For connections, use Connection references. Refer below help article...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/create-connection-reference#:~:text=A....

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

You should use Solutions to promote code within Environments. For connections, use Connection references. Refer below help article...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/create-connection-reference#:~:text=A....

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,902)