cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

Best way to use get items to set up approvals

I have 3 areas of a dept where i have these same 6 conditions.  The 2nd Approver (VPVMLOB) is different for each of those areas.

I have 2nd SP list where i have the "Dept", "LOB"(area the approval should be based on) and then columns for all of the approvers with their emails.

Right now I have it set up as a Switch for the 3 different areas of the department and then rebuilt the SAME conditions below for each one telling it to get item for FLOWSTEP eq 1, 2 3, etc.

There has to be a better way for me to do this where i dont have to build the same workflows for each one.  It's taking forever. Someone at work had me remove the switch and create a "Get Items" filter LOB eq "LOB Value".  It says it runs but gets to the approvals and doesn't send them out.  Maybe just missing something?  

I have to rebuild this again for an additional field as well for this department.  Then do the same with 6 other conditions for another dept.

conditions.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DCNehs,

Could you please share screenshots of the Approval part?

If the approval request not sent, maybe the Get items not return items, because no items met the condition.

What's the type of LOB column?

If it is Choice column, the Get items filter query should be set as below:

Screenshot 2021-02-28 155901.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

@v-litu-msft , I think i found what went wrong.  There was an s at the end making it plural in my second list.  Seems to be working now.  On to my next issue to figure out. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DCNehs,

Could you please share screenshots of the Approval part?

If the approval request not sent, maybe the Get items not return items, because no items met the condition.

What's the type of LOB column?

If it is Choice column, the Get items filter query should be set as below:

Screenshot 2021-02-28 155901.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I made a small update since i need it to look at the list item for the Dept and LOB.  Same thing happens.   If i click on download, the output just gives me a bunch of connection information.  

getitem.jpggetitemsvalue.jpg

DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

@v-litu-msft , I think i found what went wrong.  There was an s at the end making it plural in my second list.  Seems to be working now.  On to my next issue to figure out. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (73,326)