cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Blank Flow - Form Id list blank

Hi All,

I have today created a new Form that links to an Excel document in a SharePoint location. I am attempting to create a Flow to send some of the response information to an email recipient but i'm falling at the first hurdle... for some reason the Flow "Form Id" list is not displaying my new Form, the list says "No Items".

Do i need to wait a period of time between creating the form and it showing in the list of available forms?

Is there anyway to "force" the form to show?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Blank Flow - Form Id list blank

Hi @Dom_CMME ,

It seems that you are using Group forms. Currently, Group forms are not directly available, and we could only manually fill Forms Id .

If you want similar features to be supported, please vote for the following idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Workaround-for-using-Group-form-from-MS-Forms-in-FLow...

In addition, When a new response is submitted and Get response details action are basically used in pairs.

You also need to manually enter Form Id in Get response details action.

Tips:

Using this method to configure the Form Id, we may not be able to get the corresponding Dynamic content at the beginning of the configuration, we need to configure the part as shown first:47.PNG

Then save the Flow, exit the current page, and re-open the Flow for editing to use the relevant Dynamic content.48.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dom_CMME ,

Do you mean that there is no expected Form Id to be selected?

Please try the following methods to solve your problem:

• Update or reconfigure the trigger's connection and see if there is an optional Forms.
  • Get Id of the specified Form directly from MS Forms, then click Enter Custom value to manually configure the Form Id in the trigger.

Image reference:

35.PNG36.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Barry,

Thank you for coming back to me.

When i go to select a Form, the Form Id list at the top of the Flow is saying "No items" which i know is not the case (i built a form that works fine).

Flow Form Id missing.jpg

Here is my form (I have created this form via a Sharepoint team location owned by me, which is accessed by memebers of the Finance team):

Form.JPG

I've tried to insert the Form ID as you've outlined but the Flow creator isn't reading the form and picking out the dynamic content. My flow needs to send an email to someone which contains some of the response data from the form using the Dynamic Content option. I know this feature works because the flow was originally detecting 2 test forms and the dynamic content, these test forms had been created in exactly the same location and have since deleted.

Flow.JPG

Hopefully there's a simple solution.

Dom

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dom_CMME ,

It seems that you are using Group forms. Currently, Group forms are not directly available, and we could only manually fill Forms Id .

If you want similar features to be supported, please vote for the following idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Workaround-for-using-Group-form-from-MS-Forms-in-FLow...

In addition, When a new response is submitted and Get response details action are basically used in pairs.

You also need to manually enter Form Id in Get response details action.

Tips:

Using this method to configure the Form Id, we may not be able to get the corresponding Dynamic content at the beginning of the configuration, we need to configure the part as shown first:47.PNG

Then save the Flow, exit the current page, and re-open the Flow for editing to use the relevant Dynamic content.48.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Barry,

Your workaround worked perfectly, thank you so much for your support, it is greatly appreciated.

I have added my vote to the solution request you referred to in your latest response so hopefully this gets some traction.

Thanks again for yoru help.

Dom

Highlighted

That was really helpfull, very much thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,624)