cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucasheck

Block editing the list for the user, but not the flow

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create an approval flow with a sharepoint list and I have a problem that I don't know how to solve.
I want to block the user's edit when he submits an item for approval and I did it using the validation list condition (simple condition like "SubmittedForApproval = 1").

The user can create and edit the item before submitting it for approval. Once the user has submitted, they will no longer be able to edit. So far so good. But when the flow is called and tries to modify the list item, the list performs the same validation condition and denies my update.

Is there any way to validate the edition list using the current user? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johnnyg
Community Support
Community Support

Hi 

When Flow edit the list item in sharepoint, it utilized user Sharepoint connection for operation as well.

If your sharepoint block all users edit permission, the flow won't be able to edit as well under Sharepoint user connection. It makes sense.

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Johnnyg
Community Support
Community Support

Hi 

When Flow edit the list item in sharepoint, it utilized user Sharepoint connection for operation as well.

If your sharepoint block all users edit permission, the flow won't be able to edit as well under Sharepoint user connection. It makes sense.

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,556)