cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Body of HTML message is malformed

When I've switched to code view I was able to define it via HTML code, just as soon as I've reopen the workflow and saved it the HTML formatting was broken. See the pictures attached.

image001-1.png 

When reopened flow, body was malformed. Switching to HTML editor didn't help.

image002.png 

I see this happening quite often to also other colleagues in company and I always have to rewrite the whole message body.

Any idea how to avoid this behavior?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Body of HTML message is malformed

Hi @marekbuban ,

If you want to add hyperlinks to the email body and use Dynamic content as the component of the hyperlink, I suggest that you could edit body in code view. And you don’t need to switch the view to editor view again. I think that the Editor view only plays an auxiliary role, which can facilitate us to use the tool to modify the email body directly, but if you need to add complex styles to the email body, I recommend completing it directly in the code view.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @v-bacao-msft for your answer, but problem was that the code was broken after I open flow. It was automatically switched from HTML editor to basic editor and switching to HTML didn't help.

I noticed that switch is disabled now once you start editing HTML, so you can't switch back to basic editor. That should prevent such situations.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marekbuban ,

I did a test on my side and it seems that I cannot reproduce the problem you described. If you need to insert complex styles in email, or you cannot use controls to modify the content in the body in the Editor view, please edit the email body directly in the code view and do not switch the view back to the Editor view.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,200)