cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Book Meeting Room based on Microsoft Booking service

Good morning

I am new to Power Automate so hoping that this is just my lack of knowledge as opposed to this not being possible!

Due to the lack of connectors for Microsoft Bookings (are we ever going to get these?), I am having to try to work around an issue within Microsoft Bookings - namely that I can set a meeting room / room mailbox as the default location for a service and it does put that as the location but does not book the meeting room.  All of my services in Microsoft Bookings are set to send email confirmation and meeting event to the member of staff assigned to the event. To test the theory, I have setup a dummy service that is I am the only member of staff assigned to so I know all bookings made will appear in my calendar (will need to expand on this stage later to include all members of staff or all emails from the email address associated with the Microsoft Bookings site but this will suffice to prove this is possible)

At the end of it, I need it to ideally copy the meeting event from my calendar to the meeting room calendar so that it is booked out (will mean cross referencing calendar before making the booking in Microsoft Bookings which sucks but will not cause us a massive issue due to the way the centre works). The alternative, which I am trying to achieve in the below screenshot, is that when the event is created in my calendar it does the following:

Initialize variable - not sure if this step is needed (certainly not as flow is currently working but might be needed)

Condition - to filter out all events so only acts on events created by Microsoft Bookings

If yes / no - self explanatory

If yes - what I want to do in here is to add the location of the original event to the required attendees field. Doesn't seem to work if use the Location initialize variable but think this is because it would want the email address of the meeting room as opposed to the name. To get around this, I thought I could use a SharePoint list with meeting room name and email address as different columns, it could then lookup the email address of the location variable and put that in the Require attendees field - not ideal as will mean my calendar has event in twice but can live with that as hoping this is a temporary flow until Microsoft either let us book the meeting room as part of Microsoft Bookings and/or add a Microsoft Bookings connector to Power Automate to save me having to fudge booking the meeting room

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Book Meeting Room based on Microsoft Booking service

Can anyone from the Community Support team help with this?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Book Meeting Room based on Microsoft Booking service

Is there any order that these are looked at? Some have been posted since, had numerous replies and been closed whilst others are just left sitting there

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,835)