cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ay2
Helper II
Helper II

Branching from approvals

I have a flow that contains an approval action so I have a "Start and wait for an approval" action. This approval step sends it to multiple people, so in the "Assigned to: " spot I enter the name of, say 3 approvers. But once they make a decision (either approve or reject), how do I branch off my next steps depending on their answers? I need to account for all permutations 

A=Approve

R=Reject, so

A,A,A

A,A,R

A,R,R

R,R,R

Also doesn't matter the order (ie. Who approves and who rejects) only when there's a certain number of approves and rejects.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ay2,

You could initialize an integer variable to count the number of approve, after all approver responded, use Apply to each action to loop through each response, if it is equals to approve, increase the variable. After it, you could create a condition to determine the variable whether greater than the number you want, if it met, go to next steps:Annotation 2020-08-05 101935.jpg

Annotation 2020-08-05 101936.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
edgonzales
Super User
Super User

@ay2 

Are the three approvals always going to the same place?  I wonder if it might worthwhile to have 3 parallel branches each with a single person, and then aggregate the responses in the end with a Switch to determine the path based on the aggregated response.

Just a thought.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ay2,

You could initialize an integer variable to count the number of approve, after all approver responded, use Apply to each action to loop through each response, if it is equals to approve, increase the variable. After it, you could create a condition to determine the variable whether greater than the number you want, if it met, go to next steps:Annotation 2020-08-05 101935.jpg

Annotation 2020-08-05 101936.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,984)