cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukebrandt1
Frequent Visitor

Bringing multiple HTML SharePoint columns into one summary email

Hello!

I've been wrestling with this issue for a while now.

I have a SharePoint list that has a HTML multi-line text box.  How I want this to work is people post announcements to this list and then at 6 am the next day an email goes out with all the posts from the previous day.

I've got the filtering on the Get Items down so it is pulling the correct items.

My issue arises from grabbing all of the body's of the announcements and putting them into an email.  Since each of the bodies of the announcements is HTML, it is just dumping that into the email as plain text, it isn't parsing out the HTML.  So the email has a table of announcements, but each announcement has all of the HTML tags in it.

I've been beating my head against this on and off for a couple months, and things are getting critical with this being rolled out, so I figured I'd reach out.

Thanks in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@lukebrandt1 

Take a look at the HTML to Text action.  

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thank you for that suggestion.  I have looked at that one.

The issue with that one is that it rips away the HTML of the announcement (and it didn't even seem to do it cleanly; there were still miscellaneous tags, like \n).  This would be so much easier if the SharePoint list didn't have an HTML multi-line text box as the announcement body.

My goal is to retain the HTML of each announcement, and embed them inside of an HTML-formatted email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,371)