Did you mean: 
krfajar
Helper III
Helper III

Build Flow Based on Dropdown list

Hi All,

Flow Newbie!

I implementing now.

I have issue, when choosing drop down list: Trade Promotion, BD / Rebate, Other claim, Return Proposal. I created switch case based on drop down list it. I find error, when tested run by default even though expression result success.

Please following my picture:

1.1.png

1.1.png

1.1.png

Please help me.

Thanks everyone..

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @krfajar ,

You could try copying and pasting the dropdown value from Flow run history-When an item is created or modified-Body into the Case.

Note that you need to use paste here, do not fill it manually, I suspect that the value may contain characters such as spaces.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

What he is saying is that the value may have some weird value as the space.

Your first red circle - copy the text do ctrl+C. then edit your flow, and ctrl+v over the top of the switch value to make sure they are the same.

You could try copying and pasting the dropdown value from Flow run history-When an item is created or modified-Body into the Case.

Note that you need to use paste here, do not fill it manually, I suspect that the value may contain characters such as spaces.

Please try this.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

6 REPLIES 6
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@krfajar 

Please share edit mode screenshot of the Flow - specifically highlighting the switch case values

Check to see that the data retrieved from your dropdown list matches exactly the text you entered in the switch cases

Check for trailing and leading spaces

@RezaDorrani 

Please see my flow:1.1.png

is there something wrong with my flow?

Thanks -Krfajar

Hi @krfajar ,

Note that you need to use paste here, do not fill it manually, I suspect that the value may contain characters such as spaces.

Best Regards,

@v-bacao-msft 

This is my dropdown list:

1.1.png

And this flows when flow running on flow history:1.1.png

Please advice

Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

What he is saying is that the value may have some weird value as the space.

Your first red circle - copy the text do ctrl+C. then edit your flow, and ctrl+v over the top of the switch value to make sure they are the same.

Note that you need to use paste here, do not fill it manually, I suspect that the value may contain characters such as spaces.

Please try this.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (28,341)