cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CTovar
Helper I
Helper I

Building Flow that sends a Teams message if a Cell in excel goes below a certain amount

Hello,

I am building a flow that hopefully sends a notification message to a Teams group if a cell in the "% Time Remaining" goes below 15.

This excel sheet will be updated periodically and then the flow will check periodically as well, if a certain row with a cell in the above mentioned column goes below 15 then it triggers it. 

I have a draft but it does not have a run action , I am trying to learn and I like this feature in office 365 to automate tasks so some pointers would be useful or even alternatives thanks.Table I am UsingTable I am UsingA draft of the flow I am trying to make workA draft of the flow I am trying to make work

14 REPLIES 14
DeepakS
Super User
Super User

Hi @CTovar 

To automate the FLOW you should store Excel in one drive or in SharePoint. Then you can use flow trigger action "When file created or Modified in One drive" or "When file created or Modified in SharePoint".

Regards,
DS

Tried that but for some reason the Excel sheets dont show up,

the SLA is my target file but it does not appear in power automate. Tried several other share point triggers as well.sharepoint png 1.pngsharepoint png 2.png

Hi @CTovar 

You don't need to select file there just the document library as you already doing, in second flow step use "List Row Present In Excel" action to get the rows in excel and apply your other logic.

Here is an example:

Excel1.jpg

Regards,

DS

Hi @CTovar ,

Please also try this configuration:

93.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Wow this may be very close to the solution although I am getting an error on the condition part, I have tried to change the fields to Fixed Decimal and Double and still no luck and even typing 15.00. Is it because in line 1 there are titles in the table?error 1.pngerror 2.png

Ah I searched around a bit and you came up again in this thread with a potential solution, I am going to try this and lets see if it works. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Calculated-Column-flow-error/td-p/399026

Hi @CTovar ,

Please try this method:

99.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Welp I dont really know what might be going on. try 2.pngtry2.1.png

Hi @CTovar ,

Please ensure that you have filled the output of the Compose 2 in Condition instead of the output of Compose.

Try again.

Best Regards,

I tried both, maybe power automate may not be a good fit. Or a bug may be happening.

The color of the output of Compose 2 has changed, indicating that it has been converted to float.

Make sure that you are indeed configuring the output of Compose 2 in the Condition, and then you can use the following expression to convert the type of 15 to float.

My test results here are correct:

117.PNG

118.PNG

Best Regards,

Well that part worked now another error comes up, and I noticed it stops on the first row then it says failed even though there is a 14 in the column below 81 that should flag as true. Is this a limitation of this logic ?

the first row number is 81 so when i set it to float(90) it works because the 81 is less than 90 but it still shows as failed in the runs.

If i do float(15) it fails and it wont send a message even though there is a 14.. 3 rows down.. the logic is "list rows present" so i would hope it would list the rows that are less than 15

error 4.png

You should click Next fails to check the output of Compose and Compose 2. Please try to troubleshoot according to the information displayed in the error message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (34,860)