cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IsabellaChakur
Level: Powered On

Building Flow

Hello, 

I have a PowerBI Dashboard with daily alerts, as it is refreshed daily. I wanted the alerts to trigger a mail to clients, but once a week, not daily. So, I wanted to build two flows in sequence: a scheduled flow to occur once a week, whose action would be to turn on another flow, an automated one, which would send a mail to client triggered by a powerbi alert. At the end of the day, I would create another Scheduled flow to turn off the Automated flow. Can you help me to find these options?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Building Flow

Hi @IsabellaChakur ,

Your first flow is trigger against PowerBI Alerts. Store the alert details into an excel sheet or a preferred database which flow supports. Create two columns (Description and Sendemail) in your excel sheet/database. When the first flow gets triggered store the alert details under description column and sendemail default value as 'No'. This process will collect all the alerts so that later you can utilise these alerts for sending the email.

Next construct your second flow triggered via scheduled interval (weekly). Read your excel/database filtered via sendemail as 'No'. Create a foreach loop to get all the values and finally add a send email flow action to send the details to your clients. Finally update the sendemail value to 'Yes' so that next time when the flow triggers it won't pick up the old alerts. If you don't want to keep the alerts then you could delete the alert rows from your excel/database.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @IsabellaChakur ,

Do you want to send an email to clients once a week?

You may consider adding a Compose action to get the current datetime first, then using a function dayofWeek to check if the day is equal to certain date, if yes, send an email to clients.

By this way, you won’t need to create several flows. Please take a try with it.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Hi @v-yamao-msft  (Mabel),

The requirment says it's only once a week to consolidate all the alerts and send as an email. So how do you capture the daily events. I couldn't see any flow step to read all the alerts in one go/fitered from PowerBI. In your suggestion it says you don't need to create multiple flows. If you could explain a bit more about this that will be helpful.

Thanks a lot

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,283)