Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ibra
Level: Power Up

Building Quarterly Reminder Flow

Hello everyone!

I'm building an email flow that needs to go out once on a monthly basis last day or 1st day of each quarter, the flow will include the following:

• Compose and email
  • Add an excel attachment latest updated one with certain name/subject from SharePoint.
  • Check and verify for recipients who have the AutoReply feature and automatically replace them with people they cover.
  • Notify me before sending (approved for sending/reject for update and resend).
  • Send email.

and am curious if there is a way to make the content of the email a bit more dynamic. 

The email looks like this:

Dear All,

PFA, you are kindly requested to verify and update the attached. Team members and their backups for the 2nd quarter.

Note: kindly update before/by 29th of March (Thursday)

Thanks,

Ibra

What I am looking for is a way to make the timing information, recipients and attachements more dynamic. Something like:

‘PFA, you are kindly requested to verify and update the attached. Team members and their backups for the 2nd quarter.

Note: kindly update before/by (Last Day of Each Quarter)’

So essentially, I want to set this quarterly flow reminder and then never have to touch it again as the specific timing information, recipients and attachements will update itself accordingly. 

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Building Quarterly Reminder Flow

Hi @Ibra,

There is a limitation in flow that the run duration is 30 days, your flow would be time-out after 30 days. So I am afraid that building a quarterly flow would be impossible currently.

Please check this doc for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/limits-and-config

About your scenario, add an excel attachment from SharePoint list is possible, you could use the action Get attachments, Get attachment content.

Check and verify for recipients who have the autoreply feature and replace them with people they cover, it cannot be detected by flow. If you need this feature, please submit it on Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Notify me before sending, if it is approved, send the email, if rejected, update the item then resend. You could use Do until in this part.

Hope this could be a reference for you. If you need more help, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, @Ibra!

It appears as though  would like some more information in order to further assist you properly with your issue. Please share any additional information that was requested in order to decrease the amount of time that it will take for you to be assisted!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager
Super User
Super User

I would create a monthly flow that runs on the 28 th and checks which months it is (e.g. with a switch case action).

in March and December a delay of next step for 4 days, in June and September for 3 days. 

The next step in these cases is set variable ‘sendemail’ to ‘yes’ (in all other equals ‘no’).

the common next action across all switch cases is to check whether sendemail is yes and construct the email.

the distribution list would be in a SharePoint list that you can update manually or build a logic in another flow to update it.

hope this helps

Administrator
Administrator

Hello,  @Ibra!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @ErichH‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager
Ibra
Level: Power Up

Thank's @Erich'H .. Could you please provide screenshots of this routine .. Appreciated.

Ibra

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 208 members 4,432 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: