Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Trying2bebetter
Level: Power Up

Building a Custom Flow - OneDrive to Business to Azure Storage

Hi folks,

I'd like to create an automated backup of my organization's OneDrive for Business repository, and I'd like for the action itself to occur server-side, independent of our client pc's. Is this possible through the Flow API? I'd like for it to backup once a week or so.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Building a Custom Flow - OneDrive to Business to Azure Storage

Hi @Trying2bebetter,

Could you please share a bit more about the following statement?

@Trying2bebetter wrote:

I'd like for the action itself to occur server-side, independent of our client pc's. 

Do you want to sync files from your OneDrive for Business folder to your Azure File Storage folder?

If you want to sync files from your OneDrive for Business folder your Azure File Storage folder, please take a try with following workaround:

• Add a Recurrence trigger, Interval set to 1 and Frequcncy set to Week.
  • Add a "List files in folder" action, specify Folder path.
  • Add a "Apply to each" action, input parameter set to output of "List files in folder" action.
  • Within "Apply to each" action, add a "Get file content" action, File field set to Id dynamic content of "List files in folder" action. Then add a "Create file" action of Azure File Storage connector, specify Folder path. The File name field set to Name dynamic content of "List files of folder" action, File content field set to File content dynamic content of the "Get file content" action.

Image reference:13.JPG

Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

http://mullineaux.azurewebsites.net/going-with-the-flow-part-3/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Trying2bebetter
Level: Power Up

Re: Building a Custom Flow - OneDrive to Business to Azure Storage

Hi Kris,

Thank you very much for your prompt response! In reference to my previous statement, "I'd like for the action itself to occur server-side, independent of our client pc's," I'd like for this backup to occur independent of our computers (I'd like for it be performed in the cloud). Please forgive my lack of knowledge in this area, lol. I've been looking at numerous backup solutions, and it would seem that most of the solutions are client based whereas the automated online backup is tied to a computer and the files present on said computer.

I'm looking to create a recurring backup of the entire OneDrive repository with separate backups/blobs/dumps for each backup instance (not sure if that qualifies as a sync). I'm concerned about file versioning and restore points for our organization's data as a whole.

I've looked over the materials that you provided, thank you, and I believe that they're close to what I'm seeking (not an exact match).

I look forward to your reply.

Jake

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 326 members 5,533 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: