cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dalhart7

Building a Flow for Educational Purposes

I am very new to flow, just discovered this on Friday, but it seems very doable and would help my teachers perform their duties.  I am looking to design a flow that would take a form (it would have to be able to accomodate drop down boxes, MS Forms doesn't), email the form to me, Principal and another person.  The data on the form would be stored in a spreadsheet or database, they would recieve an email back acknowledging that we recieved the referal form. I and other disciplinarian would be able to add comments and outcome to the original sent form and send it back to the teacher for their records.  It seems easy enough in my head.  But I am wondering what type of form to use...a PDF form or something else and do I have to set up a spreadsheet or is that done automatically?   Thanks for helping me out.

Del Dobbs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Dalhart7,

This is the better way to store the data from the MS Form into a SharePoint list as @gristcooper's advice.

First of all, you need to create a survey in Microsoft Form, then choose the trigger that When a new response is submitted to select the survey you just created. Then, add the Get response details action to get the answers to the survey, after that, create item (the details of create item is in the second picture). Last, send the email to you, Principal and another person, you just add the email address in the "To", Emails are separated by semicolons.

Annotation 2019-09-16 143602.pngCreate an item, you can append the field with the data you get from the MS Form.

Annotation 2019-09-16 143612.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gristcooper
Frequent Visitor

Do you have SharePoint Online?

You probally best to use a SharePoint List, there are various options for customising the SharePoint Forms, including PowerApps, nintex, Plumsail etc.

Yes, I do.  Can you explain further?

Thanks

Hi @Dalhart7,

This is the better way to store the data from the MS Form into a SharePoint list as @gristcooper's advice.

First of all, you need to create a survey in Microsoft Form, then choose the trigger that When a new response is submitted to select the survey you just created. Then, add the Get response details action to get the answers to the survey, after that, create item (the details of create item is in the second picture). Last, send the email to you, Principal and another person, you just add the email address in the "To", Emails are separated by semicolons.

Annotation 2019-09-16 143602.pngCreate an item, you can append the field with the data you get from the MS Form.

Annotation 2019-09-16 143612.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,725)