cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen_Dixons
Frequent Visitor

Building a Flow from Sharepoint List to Planner

Hi,

I am trying to build a flow from a sharepoint task list to create a task in planner.  I have managed to get this to work and create a task in the planner with the correct information.  The problem I have is adding the assigned users, if I select the Assigned User IDs as "Assigned to email" it works ok if there is only one assigned user.  If I had two or three users to the assignment I get two or three new entries of the same task in planner.  Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Stephen_Dixons ,

Does the Assigned user column allow multiple selections?

If yes, you should refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Rahber
Super User
Super User

Can you please show your flow?

So we can see why is it creating multiple tasks instead of adding the people to same task

Stephen_Dixons_0-1596445241107.png

I was told it was because it sits inside "Apply to each" but it will not let me use Assigned to email without it applying to each

Hi @Stephen_Dixons ,

Does the Assigned user column allow multiple selections?

If yes, you should refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

that is true. Apply to each as loop that is running on assigned to people.

Do one thing.

Initialize a variable outside the apply to each lets call it userEmails

Then in your apply to each use the action append to variable and make sure in that action you have ; after your variable name

Now move the planner action outside your apply to each and in the assigned to each use the variable userEmail. Example i am using List of Items variable here you can use your own functionality

Capture.PNG

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

@v-alzhan-msft 

I have tried this and now it moves further along but it fails on the create a task saying "the assignee id is invalid"

Thanks

Stephen

Hi @Stephen_Dixons ,

Could you please share the screenshot of the configuration of the flow?

Please make sure that you have choose the Assigned user Emails dynamic content from the trigger in the Append to array variable action, and the dynamic content would followed by a ";".

Best Regards,

Alice

Stephen_Dixons_0-1596525450724.png

Hi @Stephen_Dixons ,

Please share the full screenshot of the configuration of the flow and the full run history of the flow so we could better understand your issue and provide the proper workaround.

Best Regards,

Alice

Hi @Stephen_Dixons

Does your issue still exists?

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,238)