cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SheriV

Building a Flow to Post a Teams Message Through Chat When a Planner Task is Past Due

Very inexperienced and self-taught power automate user. 

I am trying to build a PA flow to post a message on Teams through the chat feature to an individual when a planner task is past due.  Below is what I have but continue to have error messages.  Open to suggestions and assistance.

SheriV_0-1670518174537.png

7 REPLIES 7
v-chengfen-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @SheriV ,

From the screenshot you provided,
[Apply to each] traverses not an array but an Object.

Do you want:
1. Check the Task in Planner every day.
2. If the DueDatetime is today, just @ this user in Teams and notify the Planner Task that needs to be completed

Here is a test for your reference:

Here is Task

vchengfenmsft_1-1670554570929.png

Here is flow

vchengfenmsft_2-1670555075836.pngvchengfenmsft_3-1670555111097.png

Here is result:

vchengfenmsft_4-1670555218438.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Best Regards

Cheng Feng

SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

What action do you have inside Apply to each?

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.

That is very similar to what I am looking for but I would like to send the person the task is assigned to a chat when they have a task that is past due.  Can you help with that?

There is nothing hidden on my screenshot.

Hi @SheriV ,

You can change is equal to in [Condition] to less than, so as long as the date is less than today's task, @ message in teams will be sent。

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Best Regards

Cheng Feng

My flow will still not work so any assistance is appreciated.  It fails at the condition. 

SheriV_0-1671191018651.pngSheriV_1-1671191042281.png

SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @SheriV ,

As the error states, you can loop within an array or collection. Apply to each does not accept objects. 

Please look at or share the input of your Apply to each loop in that flow. 

See this thread, same issue.

Append Excel Workbook From Lists - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,947)