cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Building a MS Flow

I would like to build a flow that will update an image on the homepage of my Sharepoint site when I upload a new image to the document library. 
Each Monday I upload a new document to a document library. Then I go to the homepage of my Sharepoint site and edit the web part to link to the recently uploaded image file so that the new image displays. 
I believe my ‘trigger’ is when a File is created or updated. I am unclear what my ‘action’(s) is. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Building a MS Flow

Hi @PeggyLang 

Instead of updating the link on your webpart I would have the webpart link to a file in a different document library with a generic name that won't change name e.g. homepageimage.jpg 

The flow would be triggered on upload of a new file in the document library (when a file is created)

then get the file content of the image

next delete the existing homepageimage.jpg file

next create a file in the location and with name of your homepageimage file 

Hope this helps, please mark as a solution if it does.

dvstrien_0-1596506998403.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @PeggyLang 

Instead of updating the link on your webpart I would have the webpart link to a file in a different document library with a generic name that won't change name e.g. homepageimage.jpg 

The flow would be triggered on upload of a new file in the document library (when a file is created)

then get the file content of the image

next delete the existing homepageimage.jpg file

next create a file in the location and with name of your homepageimage file 

Hope this helps, please mark as a solution if it does.

dvstrien_0-1596506998403.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @dvstrien 

Thank you!  I had not thought of that.  I will definitely work on that today.  Thanks so much for responding and making me think outside the box.  I'll come back here and let you know if I was able to successfully build this.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@dvstrien The flow runs successfully, however, the image does not change on my home page.

I'm not sure why?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@dvstrien I believe I have an idea.  It would seem that Sharepoint is returning the 'cached' file which is why the image is not updating on the SP site.
SO . . . is there a way to force SP to not use 'cached' files?  
OR
is there a way to add a dynamic element to the file name?  i.e., a # that is actually a counter function?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,627)