cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hellofriend

Building a flow for emailing expiry date notifications and selective recipients

Hello everyone,

I am new to the automate world. I am now currently responsible for building an email notification system for contract renewal reminders for my department. The data is stored in a SharePoint List with a field called 'Expiry Date'. I am told to write a flow which is scheduled in the first day of each month and scans ALL the contract due within the 30/60 days period and email all of them to the contact person at the same time.

The second task is about the email recipients, I have to send the emails to both the admin (secretary) and the contact person if the 'contact person email' field has an email address contained, while only send the emails to the admin (secretary) if the 'contact person email' field is empty of does not contain an email address in it.  

Is there any way these two tasks could be achieved using Automate?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-JessicaG-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hellofriend ,

Do you want to select recipients based on SharePoint list field conditions and send the results emails after the filtered field date?

You could filter the items that meet the date condition based on the operator, and then determine whether the specified field of each item contains the email format, and obtain the mail address by setting the variable. I have test for your reference, please try the following workaround:

vJessicaGmsft_0-1637751341436.png

vJessicaGmsft_1-1637751141644.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

Please see this article for how to do this.  For your Recurrence trigger, you can choose daily, go to Settings with the ellipsis in the trigger and add a Trigger Condition with the expression below.  This will make it trigger only on the first of the month.

Send email reminders from Microsoft Lists using Power Automate – Norm Young

mahoneypat_0-1637504503385.png

@equals(formatDateTime(utcNow(), 'dd'), '01')

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thanks for your reply.

However it seems that the above flow only finds expiry dates on the 30th day in the future only. In my case, I need to build a flow that finds all the expiry dates ranging from 0 to 30 days in the future at once. Is there any chance this can be achieved by flow?

Also can flow achieve the second task I mentioned in the first thread?

Thanks

v-JessicaG-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hellofriend ,

Do you want to select recipients based on SharePoint list field conditions and send the results emails after the filtered field date?

You could filter the items that meet the date condition based on the operator, and then determine whether the specified field of each item contains the email format, and obtain the mail address by setting the variable. I have test for your reference, please try the following workaround:

vJessicaGmsft_0-1637751341436.png

vJessicaGmsft_1-1637751141644.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,659)