cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AB-SA

Building a flow to generate invoices

Hi all

I'm trying to build a flow to automatically generate an invoice based on products selected in a form or other way. I'm having a hard time figuring out a way to do this.

What would be the best way to get the name, amount and price for user selected products in a word document? The main problem is that I do not want the user to enter the price, only the product and the amount, and the flow should get the price from a spreadsheet or other storage.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @AB-SA 

I've done invoicing using excel here as it allows me to capture the different lines in a Microsoft Template Invoice but was lucky enough to have this idea covered by Stuart Ridout here on YouTube where I take data from a SharePoint List in order to populate the invoice template.  You can of course populate a word document and this would require the premium connector or you can use a less well known method using column metadata here.

When it comes to linking data between Lists, if you have item prices in one list and order lines in another, you can try something like this.

A few posts/videos for you to watch.  Please let me know how you get on and if you have any q's.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @AB-SA 

I've done invoicing using excel here as it allows me to capture the different lines in a Microsoft Template Invoice but was lucky enough to have this idea covered by Stuart Ridout here on YouTube where I take data from a SharePoint List in order to populate the invoice template.  You can of course populate a word document and this would require the premium connector or you can use a less well known method using column metadata here.

When it comes to linking data between Lists, if you have item prices in one list and order lines in another, you can try something like this.

A few posts/videos for you to watch.  Please let me know how you get on and if you have any q's.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,031)