cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karlo
Frequent Visitor

Building a flow to send email when new form is submitted

Hy!

I cant find answer to my problem, it was similiar questions, but not this one.

I want to build automatic flow, when new form is submitted to send email to members in same row.

now, it sends all the rows as emails, I want only the last one. not all of them which are previously send.

I don't know could flow write in specific colum something like "sent", and sends only rows without "sent", or just last row?

also i think that the flow maybe doesn't see the last row because it create a flow immediately after flow is being submitted and row in excel doesn't have data jet.

I am using office 365 for business

any help please.

Tnx

flow.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Karlo you are using the Forms When an new response is submitted trigger but you're not saving that to your spreadsheet which you need to do. Also, you are sending an email to every row in the spreadsheet: apply to each value -> send an email. What you need to do is to have a column in your spreadsheet for EmailSent and in your flow add a condition that if the EmailSent column is equal to No then send the email, but if it's equal to Yes then do nothing.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Karlo
Frequent Visitor

I see what you mean. tnx

but as I am new in this, could you please help me and explain how to set flow to write in specific column like "sent" for sent emails, and read after when sending not to send from that columns with "Sent".

I also add delay of 1 minute to wait before sending, as spreadsheet is not populated yet with form.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,417)