cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Building a simple copy file in sharepoint document library to Onedrive for business folder flow

Hi,

I'm trying to Build a simple 'copy file in sharepoint document library to Onedrive for business folder flow' but I'm not winning.

I've tried a few different ways but keep getting errors (I tried just the 'get file content' connector as well).

The flow fails on the get file content step. Error message says that it can't find the file.

I also tried to build the flow as "for a selected file" and a SP "copy file" and pasted in the URL's of the various site and onedrive destination. Nothing I try works.

DanielRK_0-1612435480055.png

Please can you show me how to do it?

Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous here is the flow with dynamic values

jinivthakkar_0-1613466162325.png

The first action is simple, here are the details of last 3 actions

jinivthakkar_1-1613466223316.png

hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Please refer this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBUvSfeYw7A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for helping me.

Is it possible to use 

DanielRK_0-1612440013221.png

As the trigger?

Regards,

Daniel

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous of course, you can use it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jinivthakkar,

I have tried but it seems this trigger "for a selected file" doesn't work. Only the "when a file is created" trigger works.

Perhaps you can teach me what I'm doing wrong but this trigger doesn't seem to have the necessary under-the-hood setup to work.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Daniel

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous for selected file trigger will not trigger automatically, you have to select the file which will open the menu, Power Automate and then select the flow name.

jinivthakkar_0-1613114311465.png

Then a pop up will open to manually run flow

jinivthakkar_1-1613114376220.png

My flow :

jinivthakkar_2-1613114419781.png

jinivthakkar_3-1613114467927.png

The file is created in OneDrive.

jinivthakkar_4-1613114521927.png

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jinivthakkar! Will give it a go.

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

Welcome @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jinivthakkar,

I'm working to implement your solution above but it looks like its referencing a static file or am I not understanding?

I was looking for the ID or identifier for the selected item to copy to onedrive but I see you have a static path under "get file content using path" being /testlibrary/test.txt.

Is there a way to make it dynamic based on the ID that the user selects?

Thanks again as always.

Regards,

Daniel

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous here is the flow with dynamic values

jinivthakkar_0-1613466162325.png

The first action is simple, here are the details of last 3 actions

jinivthakkar_1-1613466223316.png

hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,895)