cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinidegrandi
Helper II
Helper II

Building an Approval flow from PowerApps

I have a Time Tracker app that uses a SharePoint list as data. The idea is very simple, you click on the Check In button, it generates the users name, time of check in and date into that list. However, you can adjust the time if you forgot to check in properly. I need the "Adjust" button to trigger an approval flow that leaves the "time" column on the list as is if approved and revert the adjustment if not. 

Is that possible? How would I go about building it?

6 REPLIES 6
Amit_Sharma
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @vinidegrandi ,

As per my understanding, you will Save the data (Name, CheckInTime and Date) to the SharePoint List and you also have a button for the Adjust time. Now, you want to create an approval on that Adjust Button. 

So, you can try with these following steps -

In Power Apps Go to the Power Automate > Add Flow >Create New Flow >Create from Blank

Amit_Sharma_1-1670391831218.png

1. Use the Power Apps trigger in the flow which added Automatically.

2. Use the Start and wait for the Approval Action

-Approval Type: - Approve Reject- First To respond.

-You can Add title for the Approval.

-Assigned To: - Add email address of the Approver.

3.Add Condition 

4.Use "Get items" Action of the SharePoint.

5.Use "Update Items" Action of the SharePoint.

Amit_Sharma_0-1670393336920.png

Now, On the OnSelect Property of the Adjust Button use the Power Function Flowname.Run() to run the flow from the Button.

Please give it a try and if you face any issue further, then please let me know. 

Okay, it looking like this. I have run a couple of tests but they all failed, unfortunately. Maybe it has to do with me creating the records and being the approver?

vinidegrandi_1-1670422061217.png

The flow checker also notes:

vinidegrandi_2-1670422164810.png

I'm not sure what to do with this information. 

Amit_Sharma
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @vinidegrandi ,

Can you please send the screenshots of run history of the flow and the errors you get when you test the flow.

The error shown in the above image is a warning and related to the ODataFilter query that increase the performance of the flow.

Please refer to this article ( Power Automate OData filter query with examples - SPGuides )  to learn about the Filter Query.

It doesn't say what went wrong specifically. Just says it failed.

vinidegrandi_0-1670501154694.png

Amit_Sharma
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @vinidegrandi ,

Please send me the screenshot of any one of the failed flow. Just by clicking on the Date of the flow failed. (Refer below image)

Amit_Sharma_0-1670501828933.png

Sorry, here it is:

vinidegrandi_0-1670502139164.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,687)