cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rose99
Level: Power Up

Building flow from form. If a certain checkbox is selected I need email to be sent to certain person.

I have a form that I have set up.

Example;

Who is your line manager?

- Person A

- Person B

- Person C

If they select Person A I need a flow which directs the approval for the form (Incident form) to be sent to this certain person. I'm playing around with it now and have used the template "Send form responses for approval" but not sure how to add this part in.

Help please :S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Building flow from form. If a certain checkbox is selected I need email to be sent to certain person.

Hi @rose99,

Please refer to my workaround to achieve your needs.

Firstly, I have created a form with question as below:

Capture.PNG

Secondly, I have created a sharepoint list with a managerName column and a managerEmail column, they both with type Single line of text, and you could list all the managerName with his/her managerEmail:

Capture.PNG

Third, you could create a flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

When a response is submitted, the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Building flow from form. If a certain checkbox is selected I need email to be sent to certain person.

I would createa list to manage the approvers.  The list will have a title and a people field.  For your doropdown on your original list create a look up to the mew managers list.   In flow you can do a 'get items' action to get the poeple filed (email) and add it to your approval.

managerlist.jpgapproval.jpg

If this helped please mark it as a solution.

rose99
Level: Power Up

Having issues and getting errors. 

he template validation failed: 'The inputs of template action 'Condition' at line '1 and column '2374' cannot reference action 'Start_an_approval'. The action 'Start_an_approval' is nested in a foreach scope of multiple levels. Referencing repetition actions from outside the scope is supported only when there are no multiple levels of nesting.'.

When following instructions. Not sure how to rectify. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rose99,

Please refer to my workaround to achieve your needs.

Firstly, I have created a form with question as below:

Capture.PNG

Secondly, I have created a sharepoint list with a managerName column and a managerEmail column, they both with type Single line of text, and you could list all the managerName with his/her managerEmail:

Capture.PNG

Third, you could create a flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

When a response is submitted, the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Sounds like you are getting an error after the approval.  If you have a condition after the approval just make use it is in the same Apply to each loop as the approval.    

If the issue is something else please provide screenshots of your Flow.

If this helped please mark as a solution. 

Did this help you?  Please mark a solution if it did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 353 members 6,615 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: