cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Building flow from form. If a certain checkbox is selected I need email to be sent to certain person.

I have a form that I have set up.

Example;

Who is your line manager?

- Person A

- Person B

- Person C

If they select Person A I need a flow which directs the approval for the form (Incident form) to be sent to this certain person. I'm playing around with it now and have used the template "Send form responses for approval" but not sure how to add this part in.

Help please :S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Building flow from form. If a certain checkbox is selected I need email to be sent to certain person.

Hi @rose99,

Please refer to my workaround to achieve your needs.

Firstly, I have created a form with question as below:

Capture.PNG

Secondly, I have created a sharepoint list with a managerName column and a managerEmail column, they both with type Single line of text, and you could list all the managerName with his/her managerEmail:

Capture.PNG

Third, you could create a flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

When a response is submitted, the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Building flow from form. If a certain checkbox is selected I need email to be sent to certain person.

I would createa list to manage the approvers.  The list will have a title and a people field.  For your doropdown on your original list create a look up to the mew managers list.   In flow you can do a 'get items' action to get the poeple filed (email) and add it to your approval.

managerlist.jpgapproval.jpg

If this helped please mark it as a solution.

Highlighted

Having issues and getting errors. 

he template validation failed: 'The inputs of template action 'Condition' at line '1 and column '2374' cannot reference action 'Start_an_approval'. The action 'Start_an_approval' is nested in a foreach scope of multiple levels. Referencing repetition actions from outside the scope is supported only when there are no multiple levels of nesting.'.

When following instructions. Not sure how to rectify. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rose99,

Please refer to my workaround to achieve your needs.

Firstly, I have created a form with question as below:

Capture.PNG

Secondly, I have created a sharepoint list with a managerName column and a managerEmail column, they both with type Single line of text, and you could list all the managerName with his/her managerEmail:

Capture.PNG

Third, you could create a flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

When a response is submitted, the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Sounds like you are getting an error after the approval.  If you have a condition after the approval just make use it is in the same Apply to each loop as the approval.    

If the issue is something else please provide screenshots of your Flow.

If this helped please mark as a solution. 

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Did this help you?  Please mark a solution if it did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,297)