7. send

How can i solve this one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @skalltje,

Depends a bit on the structure of your pdf files. Is the information always in the same place? If so, you could build your own AI model, train it to recognize and extract the manager name value.

For the fileserver part you can use File System trigger action and the installation of a data gateway is required:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/gateway-reference

Keep in mind, AI builder is an add-on. You will need separate licensing for that:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/administer-licensing

Below is a short example of the high-level setup of a such a flow.

1. Add a when a file is created (properties only). Make sure it's connected to your data gateway and point it to the drop off folder

filesystemtrigger.png

2. Add a File System Get file content action, use the Id from the trigger action

getfilecontent_filesystem.png

3. Add a Predict action. Use a custom AI builder form processing model. In my case I created one called ExtractManagerModel and I trained it with 5 pdf documents to recognize the manager field value. Use the File Content dynamic value of the Get File Content action for the prediction

predict_managerfield.png

4. Add a Send an email (V2) action and use the Manager value from the Predict action for the To field. Use the File Content from the Get File Content action for the Attachments Content field and the DisplayName from the trigger action for the Attachments Name field

sendanemail_managervalue.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @skalltje,

Depends a bit on the structure of your pdf files. Is the information always in the same place? If so, you could build your own AI model, train it to recognize and extract the manager name value.

For the fileserver part you can use File System trigger action and the installation of a data gateway is required:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/gateway-reference

Keep in mind, AI builder is an add-on. You will need separate licensing for that:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/administer-licensing

Below is a short example of the high-level setup of a such a flow.

1. Add a when a file is created (properties only). Make sure it's connected to your data gateway and point it to the drop off folder

filesystemtrigger.png

2. Add a File System Get file content action, use the Id from the trigger action

getfilecontent_filesystem.png

3. Add a Predict action. Use a custom AI builder form processing model. In my case I created one called ExtractManagerModel and I trained it with 5 pdf documents to recognize the manager field value. Use the File Content dynamic value of the Get File Content action for the prediction

predict_managerfield.png

4. Add a Send an email (V2) action and use the Manager value from the Predict action for the To field. Use the File Content from the Get File Content action for the Attachments Content field and the DisplayName from the trigger action for the Attachments Name field

sendanemail_managervalue.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,375)