cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Building flow to back up file - Creating folder generates issue

Hi Guys, 

I'm very new to flow. I've check the forum for more answers, but couldn't get anything explained simple enough for my current level of understanding.

My goal: Copy an excel file on a weekly basis to another folder, to have a history of this continuously evolving excel file

Ideal way: Immediately rename this copy with a datestamp: [filename] - 20200327 for example. However, this seems more difficult to put into flow.

Attempt below: copy the file to a new folder, with the datestamp as folder name (I'll have a folder per excel file, but at least I have the files I want)

Issue: Somehow it doesn't create a sharepoint folder for me. Based on the test run, it does return "20200327" from my code for the timestamp ("formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyyMMdd')"). It doesn't generate an issue in the "create a folder" step. However, the folder is never created, leading to an issue in the next step..

(FYI - it's all within the same sharepoint space)

Any advice on (1) why my sharepoint folder isn't created, and (2) if there is an easy equivalent to do this in the "ideal way" (see above)

Thanks a lot!

FlowFlow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Oblivion ,

First, we need to make sure that the previous folders exist and that the folder names are correct. Then you need to remove the preceding "/".

When configuring the destination folder for the Copy file action, manually enter "/" and configure the Full path of the last action output here.

Image reference:

47.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Oblivion ,

First, we need to make sure that the previous folders exist and that the folder names are correct. Then you need to remove the preceding "/".

When configuring the destination folder for the Copy file action, manually enter "/" and configure the Full path of the last action output here.

Image reference:

47.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi!

Many thanks, it works as intended now. 

One minor note where I struggled a bit first (for anyone looking into this post later):

If you manually select a file in the "copy file" step, the folder path starts with "/shared documents/". If you copy this path to the "create new folder" step to create a folder as well, you need to omit the "/shared documents/" portion, as you already selected your "list or library" in that step.

Kr

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (16,248)