cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chua92

Building flow to send an email once reminder date = today date

HI, i want to build a flow that send an email once the date column is equal to today date.

The excel file is stored in onedrive. 

There will be 4 columns in the excel file - Name, DueDate, ReminderDate and Email. 

DueDate and ReminderDate are in short date format in yyyy-MM-dd

The workflows:

1. The flow will run monthly - I have used "Recurrence" (Done)

2. Link the excel file - i have used the "List Row present in a table" (Done)

3. Compare dates between ReminderDate to Today Date (not done)

4. If #3 is yes, send an email with the row information. If no, dont have to do anything (not done)

Appreciate your help as i am stuck in Number 3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Chua92 ,

You should check from the loop of the Apply to each in the flow run history, and there would be a loop would run into the if yes branch of the Condition.

And if you want to send the send the row data in the email, I suggest that you could add a Filter array action inside the If yes branch for find the special rows, then create html table to the rows then send it in the email.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chua92 ,

You could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

The expression for current date:

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')

The expression for DueDate in excel table:

formatDateTime(addDays('1900-01-01',add(int(items('Apply_to_each')?['DueDate']),-2)),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI Alice,

i have tried and saw this message in the "send an email" portion, is it something went wrong?

Chua92_0-1596007312220.png

Inaddition, can i include the result that meet the condition in the email body?

For example, this is how the excel table look like

Chua92_1-1596007366987.png

Row 4 (test 3) meet the condition, therefore the email body will indicate row 1 (individual column name) and row 4 (the row that meet the condition)

Thanks

Hi @Chua92 ,

You should check from the loop of the Apply to each in the flow run history, and there would be a loop would run into the if yes branch of the Condition.

And if you want to send the send the row data in the email, I suggest that you could add a Filter array action inside the If yes branch for find the special rows, then create html table to the rows then send it in the email.

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,496)