I am building a flow to populate a word document by using the Azure Devops - Get Query Results action output.
The output contains the hierarchy of Azure Devops Items per below
I need to fill this in a word template which has the below format :
ObjectiveID : ObjectiveName:
The above content has the following characteristics as you can see from the query output above :
1. 1 Objective can have multiple Key Result's
2. 1 Key Result can have multiple Feature's
3. Notes - Top 1 comment under Description, corresponding to each Feature work item.
4. Have created the whole objective content as a repeating control in word template.
5. Each inner control is a rich text control.
This will become a multi-dimensional array when we use in the flow as much as i can think of based on my little knowledge of flow per below:
After this is done I will need to update the notes section in the template (for every Feature WorkItemID) by calling the get comment API for the corresponding feature WorkItemID.
The above flow will happen for every objective workitemtype. In this case 2 Objectives and then finally write it to the word document.
ObjectiveID: 1 Objective Name : OBJ1
Key Result ID: 3 Key Result Title: KR1
Below is the current flow which i have , which i need to modify based on the suggested approach for appending to a multi-dimensional array
Please do let me know how I can do the below said :
- Append to the multi-dimensional array in the above specified table format, so that the repeating control accepts it.
- Since the query results are already available, how can i filter and get the children for every objective & key result, till we reach to the feature level records. Instead of calling Get Work Item Children for every objective
- Once i get the content for the comments for a feature work item, how can I update this objective array, as the Get comments is a separate action.
- How to apply conditional formatting for one field based on a value. Say , if we get state as Active , then the table cell in the word will have green background else its yellow.
Also the Get Query Results action does not result System.Parent when there is no parent for a workitem. Please do let me know how to return consider the output to return null for those work items which does not have a parent.
Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.
Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!
ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.