cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ange20

Building logic for resource allocation to a project basis their available allocation % left

Hello everyone,

I am trying to build a flow where basis on the start date and end date of a project, I want to choose resources that are available filtered by role and proficiency level.

Scenario: Suppose a Project Lead has chosen a person named X (Role: Engineer, Proficiency: L5) for two projects (say A and B). Now for a third project that is added (say C), the Project Lead should not be able to select X anymore in the same period because the default allocation for Role: Engineer will be 50% and adding X to two projects uses all of his availability for that time span.

Eagerly looking for any suggestions and advice to build this flow. Thanks in advance!!

3 REPLIES 3
edgonzales
Super User
Super User

@ange20 

Hi there.  What are you using to manage the projects and resources?  It sounds like you'll want an additional step to check utilization or something similar.

-Ed

Hi @edgonzales , 

Yes you are correct. I intend to show the current utilization for a particular resource in a particular week for a project lead to observe. 

- Aneesh

edgonzales
Super User
Super User

@ange20 - Awesome, and are you already tracking that in a system like PSA or D365?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,000)