Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BClouded
Helper IV
Helper IV

Building new list without duplicates

Dear Community

I'm trying to clean up some sharepoint lists data, and I'm stuck in building my flow to do so.
I have a list, with setup like this:
Title
LevelID
LevelNL 
LevelFR
All single line of text fields.

Problem is every LevelID is entered twice with the same LevelNL and LevelFR values.

LevelID LevelFR LevelNL
0101 Animaux Dieren

0101 Animaux Dieren

0102 Pesticides Bestrijdingsmiddelen

0102 Pesticides Bestrijdingsmiddelen 

Now I want to create a new List, without duplicates. 
Can somebody guide me in the right direction to do this correctly please?  The biggest list contains about 2500 records.

Thanks in advance!
Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BClouded
Helper IV
Helper IV

Okay, 
I managed to find a solution myself.
I checked if that LevelID was already in the list.
With a Get Items action with a filter query on that LevelID and a condition with the length('Get_Items'?[Value]) Is Equal to 0. 
In the yes branch (so not existing yet) I do the create item action.

I'm not sure if this is the most performant way of implementation. I was first thinking of using the union() function or so, but found that too complicated. 
If someone has a better way to implement this, please share!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BClouded
Helper IV
Helper IV

Okay, 
I managed to find a solution myself.
I checked if that LevelID was already in the list.
With a Get Items action with a filter query on that LevelID and a condition with the length('Get_Items'?[Value]) Is Equal to 0. 
In the yes branch (so not existing yet) I do the create item action.

I'm not sure if this is the most performant way of implementation. I was first thinking of using the union() function or so, but found that too complicated. 
If someone has a better way to implement this, please share!

Thanks!

Hi @BClouded ,

Bravo! In the beginning I was thinking to use union function as well to get the unique LevelID then go on, but yes with 2500 items in the list it will be too complicated.

Please consider Accept your reply as the solution to help the other members find it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,786)