cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KProuty
Advocate II
Advocate II

Built a powerapp for uploading file to list, moving to library, having trouble with multi-select

OK, I was tasked with creating a VERY simple upload process for Policies and Procedures. Sorry, but:

• uploading to a Library is out of the question for this audience
  • even going to a Library to use an updated form is out of the question for this audience

HAD to be able to be able to be embedded on a SharePoint page with instructions and video.

You can't easily upload with a Powerapp to a Library. No attachment option.

• Only Attachment option for a Powerapps is with a LIST.
  • VIEWING policies in a list is unacceptable. Can't ask them to click and then go find the attachment.
  • HAVE to be able to view pdf policies easily and be able to have the uploader choose what departments should see these on the department home pages.

Full disclosure, I work for a nonprofit, am NOT a programmer, but I am what they have. Furthermore, I delve into Powerapps and PowerAutomate about 3 times a year or so...

So.. this is my app

KProuty_0-1661884486300.pngKProuty_1-1661884578693.png

PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE THE MULTI-SELECT DEPARTMENT PICK HIDDEN until I can get this to work.

KProuty_2-1661884690213.png

I have three flows.

1. The one I am having trouble with that COPIES the Policy from a List to the Library and updates the information.
  2. A flow that deletes the Policy from the Library if the Policy is totally deleted.
  3. A flow that takes the Policy from the Library and copies it into an Archive Library with an appended digit file name if the file is updated. (Can't have versions with copy functions?)

Anyhow, I don't know where to put the SELECT/JSON whatever it is to get the already derived array from the multi-select field. (And every time I make a change to this flow some of the fields revert from file attachment content to body, but that is an aside.) Simple would be to say, Multi-select from List goes into exact copy of Multi-select from Library, but it doesn't work like that.)

KProuty_3-1661885070194.png

KProuty_4-1661885107625.png

KProuty_5-1661885162209.png

KProuty_6-1661885196340.png

KProuty_7-1661885252150.png

Some additional things I might get wrong or make this better besides the multi-select.

I tried to get the ID of the List item, copy that into the Library in a field, and do a compare of that rather than the title, but I couldn't get it to work.

I know I'm probably doing something else incorrectly.

There HAS to be an easier way to get this done and I may have overcomplicated things....

Anyway, thanks for any help. I need it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2
KProuty
Advocate II
Advocate II

HI @KProuty,

Glad that you have resolved your problem.

Could you please mark your reply as an answer to help more users?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,619)