cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT090511
Helper II
Helper II

Business Central Connector- Requested by User Email Content EMPTY

I noticed that in one tenant I kept getting an empty value for Requested by User Email, but when I tested this in a different environment, it worked.  I thought it was maybe because I was doing one in sandbox, and one in production. I have switched the flow to point to production instead of sandbox to test this, but still got an empty value.  It is a full user license with super permission so shouldn't be an issue there.  Has anyone come across this before?

NO email

MT090511_1-1618153673884.png

EMAIL

MT090511_2-1618153690807.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erlandcrf
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @MT090511 thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Where this is working is the environment type "Default" or "Prod"?

Do you mean that if for example, you are using the Default (in Power Platform) and pulling information from Environment A (business central) that's not pulling the email information, but if you switch to another Power Platform environment and point to the same Environment A (on business central and retrieve the same record) then you are getting that email field back?

If you don't know the outcome of that scenario (using the same record from the business central), please give it a try and share the results.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Erlandcrf
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @MT090511 thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Where this is working is the environment type "Default" or "Prod"?

Do you mean that if for example, you are using the Default (in Power Platform) and pulling information from Environment A (business central) that's not pulling the email information, but if you switch to another Power Platform environment and point to the same Environment A (on business central and retrieve the same record) then you are getting that email field back?

If you don't know the outcome of that scenario (using the same record from the business central), please give it a try and share the results.

Thanks.

I didn't see this response until now, but yes that was the issue.  

Hi,  I am having the same issue.  I have used Requested by User E-Mail which is always blank. Not sure what could be the reason.  Please advice. I have used the standard basic template. Request approval for Dynamics 365 Business Central general journal batches.

tnagar_0-1624667235635.png

Selak
Regular Visitor

Hi, have you found some solution?

It works for me if I start the workflow where I am as owner. 

For other users it stays empty.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,725)