cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarloG
Helper I
Helper I

Business Process, Currency column, Power Automate switch and condition... not working.

Hello,

I'm building a Business Process for a... business process and in the middle there is a Flow that needs to run.

Long story short, there are two values, in the table of the Business Process those values are formatted one as Whole Number with Choice, and the other as Currency.

In the Power Automate I've a Switch that gets the Whole Number and route on the dedicated path (values are 1,2,3,4,5).

Firstly this was not working as I had to get the OData value but made it work using

output('get_a_row')?['body/xxx@OData.community.display.v1.formattedvalue']

Now Switch takes the right value but I'm currently stuck at the next step, as immediately after there is a Condition, that takes the Currency value, and depending if it's higher or lower that the one set, it routes, like this:

CarloG_0-1613116201637.png

The value Somma is currently a currency value that is displayed "€1,000", so I guess he does not like the € value, and the error is this one:

CarloG_1-1613116297925.png

I tried also the (base) value but same result, those the lines from the "get a row" step:

"cr69f_sommacapitale_base@OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue": "€1,000.00",
"cr69f_sommacapitale_base@odata.type": "#Decimal",
"cr69f_sommacapitale_base": 1000,

Anyone know how to solve this? thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CarloG
Helper I
Helper I

Omg, nevermind... i'm just dumb...

I ralized now that the error was referring to the next condition, not the one I was looking as I mistyped the value and put one below 5000, so first condition was working but was crashing on 2nd one as it's not been setup yet...

so... solved! 😄

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Serbay
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,
If I understand you correctly, your condition rule doesn't work properly. I guess its because variable types don't match. In the condition sections, rather than selecting a value from dynamic content, try to add expression, in your case convert the value to an integer value. Such as, int("dynamic content here"). 

Regards,
Serbay

Actually I've already tried it, both INT and FLOAT (Float should be more correct being a currency, so decimals will be there). Tried again just in case but same result:

CarloG_0-1613129047189.png

CarloG
Helper I
Helper I

ok, something new here, problem might be on the Switch. I tried to just add a normal email notification on a empty switch outcome and I get the same error?

CarloG_1-1613129992110.png

CarloG
Helper I
Helper I

Ok, apparently the error was at the Switch level, I fixed the formula there and now it's working... but I'm stuck again into the condition:

CarloG_0-1613130904408.png

This is the formula used, tried both int and float:

float(outputs('Get_a_row')?['body/cr69f_sommacapitale'])

This is the data raw of the item:

"cr69f_sommacapitale@OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue": "€1,000.00",
"cr69f_sommacapitale@odata.type": "#Decimal",
"cr69f_sommacapitale": 1000,

Help is appreciated 😄

I understand, as far as I remember, `switch` only accepts int or string type as input condition. Please try using with int 

CarloG
Helper I
Helper I

Now Switch is ok, it's the Condition that is not working

CarloG
Helper I
Helper I

Omg, nevermind... i'm just dumb...

I ralized now that the error was referring to the next condition, not the one I was looking as I mistyped the value and put one below 5000, so first condition was working but was crashing on 2nd one as it's not been setup yet...

so... solved! 😄

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,613)