Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Button and flow details in connector

Hey all, I am in search of two functionalities:

1) A button in my connector(hence visible in flow) which I can click to hit an api endpoint

2) A mechanism to send the flow(in which the connector is used) details to the api used by the connector ;

It can be either making changes in the connector(preferrably some swagger changes) or it can be in the flow itself.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, 

You can create a button with power automate to send your API request the below link shows how to do so.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/introduction-to-button-flows

As far as details of Flow, which details are you looking for?

Highlighted

Can I have that kind of a button anywhere except the starting trigger.

Highlighted

Yes, you could create a canvas app and attach the flow to a canvas app button as shown below in the below article

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows#:~:text=Hover%20over%...

If this helps answer your question please mark this as the suggested answer.

Highlighted

If we want to pass flow name in custom connector api call without user defining it, can it be done ?
Highlighted

If we want to have a button inside connector and on clicking on that button one api call we make to assign value to property of connector api action. Can that be done ?
Highlighted

connector is a proxy or a wrapper around an API that allows the underlying service to talk to Microsoft Power Automate, Microsoft Power Apps, and Azure Logic Apps.  So we don't necessarily see the code of the connector, therefore it is not possible to add a button inside of the connector to click as the connector is just a wrapper around an API.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/#:~:text=A%20connector%20is%20a%20proxy,build%20their%20...

Highlighted

We have a requirement here where we want to pass flow name to our api call for tracking and logging the flow going through out api route, but that api request property we dont want to expose to end user. Can this be done?
Highlighted

You may be able to do this by retrieving the Flow Name through the Power Automate Management Connector.

This connector allows for you to Get connectors, Get Flows, List Flows and retrieve basic data of your environment.  If you retrieved the information with the connector you could pass in the appropriate inputs to the custom connector. If this helps answer your questions please add this as a suggested answer.

Actions.PNG

Highlighted

But for this we have to add one action before our custom connector action. So the requirement is we have to publish one custom connector which user can use for their flows , user doesnt have any information like he has to add one more step to pass additional details he has to provide only the information asked in our connector action. So if there is some kind of property which visibility is set as internal and we can assign flow name to that property which is input to our custom connector api, i see workflow() function gives that detail but that is also user has to enter we dont want that. I was thinking if we can have one property which visibility is internal and default value is some expression while designing that , can that be done ??
Highlighted

We went through this post :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48732490/send-workflow-information-to-custom-connector

& used @{workflow()} this as an internal parameter. But it didn't work. when we make it non internal then it works. Is there any other setting we have to do for these type of functions. We don't want to display it to users

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,620)