cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ornelaj2
Frequent Visitor

CC'ing Multiple People in Flow Using "People to CC" Field

Hi, 

I'm trying to make it so the email that is sent out when a new item is created also CCs whoever is listed in our "People to CC" column. 

When I expanded the "Send an Email (V2)" advanced options, I added the "People to CC Email" (from dynamic content) to the CC line. This generated an "Apply to Each" portion that surrounds this email step, so I used the "People to CC Email" dynamic content for the "*Select an output from previous steps" field. 

This did create an email which CC'd the people listed in that field. However, it sent two separate emails--one with everyone in the "To:" group, with one of the CC people CC'd and a second one with the same "To:" group and the other person listed CC'd. 

I have it set to send to a mailing group and the person who created the ticket (e.g., To: MG-1234@abcd.com; requestor@abcd.com), so these people are getting each email that is sent to anyone listed (e.g., receiving an email with To: MG-1234@abcd.com; requestor@abcd.com, CC: receiver1@abcd.com 
AND receiving an additional email with every other recipient they have listed in the "People to CC" column (e.g., To: MG-1234@abcd.com; requestor@abcd.com, CC: receiver2@abcd.com),
instead of one email going to all of them at once (e.g., To:
MG-1234@abcd.com; requestor@abcd.com, CC: receiver1@abcd.com; receiver2@abcd.com). 

How can I make it so everyone receives this email in one go, instead of the flow generating an email for every single CC'd person? 

ornelaj2_0-1668551859199.png

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ornelaj2 ,

I've made a test for your reference:

1\The List

vbofengmsft_1-1668648710107.png

2\My Flow

vbofengmsft_0-1668648693613.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ornelaj2 ,

You could try:

1\create a string variable

2\ Append the 'People to cc' to the string variable  In the 'Apply to each action.(The email address needs to be followed by "; ")

3\Send the Email outside the Apply to each action and use the string variable as the value of cc.

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi, Bof--

Would you be able to show me images of examples of this? It sounds simple, but I'm very new to Power Automate and creating flows. 

Also, the third step says "Send the Email outside the Apply to each action," but how do I detach the send email bit from the Apply to Each action? 

Hi @ornelaj2 ,

I've made a test for your reference:

1\The List

vbofengmsft_1-1668648710107.png

2\My Flow

vbofengmsft_0-1668648693613.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,590)