cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stanza
Frequent Visitor

CDS - Enter custom value - Update record

I want to update an activity record (phone call/task etc) depending on its type.

How do I do this using the action 'Update a record' ? I need to specify an entity type but I want to do this dynamically using a variable?

The variable contains the activity entity type.

I get the following when I enter the entity type using a custom value :

power_automate activity.JPG

I am not able to progress further.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Stanza,

As far as I am aware this is limitation of that update a record action. 

However, a workaround could be to use the Web API of Microsoft DataVerse instead: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/webapi/overview

1. Register an app in Azure AD and assign the Microsoft DataVerse impersonation delegated permissions

2. Create an Application User with the Client Id of the Azure AD App

3. Use an HTTP action in your flow with the following URI and the client id, tenant id and secret from your Azure AD app in the authentication section.

@{variables('EnvironmentUrl')}/api/data/v9.0/@{variables('Entity')}(@{variables('RecordId')})

microsoftdataversepatch.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Stanza,

As far as I am aware this is limitation of that update a record action. 

However, a workaround could be to use the Web API of Microsoft DataVerse instead: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/webapi/overview

1. Register an app in Azure AD and assign the Microsoft DataVerse impersonation delegated permissions

2. Create an Application User with the Client Id of the Azure AD App

3. Use an HTTP action in your flow with the following URI and the client id, tenant id and secret from your Azure AD app in the authentication section.

@{variables('EnvironmentUrl')}/api/data/v9.0/@{variables('Entity')}(@{variables('RecordId')})

microsoftdataversepatch.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (43,922)