cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lym
Frequent Visitor

CDS List Records: Get SubGrid Records (N:N)

Hi Experts,

I have a SharePoint Security Group entity with Business Unit (lookup) field and SubGrid (System User).

How can I retrieve the Users on the SubGrid using List Records?

7 REPLIES 7

@Lym - Since you mentioned this is a CDS entity, then you could use the "Common Data Service (current environment)" connector with the "List Records" action. By using this particular connector, the "List Actions" options are greater. There is a FetchXML option to filter the list by a defined FetchXML query.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/commondataserviceforapps/#list-records

You would use the CDS Advanced Find to create the query, then use the "Download Fetch XML" button to get the xml. Once you have this, just copy/paste it into the "List Records" action.

Please note that you can only use the "CDS (current environment)" connector when is started from a Solution file.

References:

Jcook
MVP

Hello,

Check out my solution from this post. It links to another post of mine that details how to use the Dynamics connector instead of CDS.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Filter-Query-in-List-Records-not-working-...

— Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

The Dynamics 365 connector is deprecated.

No. If Dynamics connector was deprecated, you would not be able to select it, as Microsoft hides any actions or triggers when deprecated.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

The article states “Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Business edition connectors have been deprecated and removed.”

No where does it state all actions and connectors of Dynamics 365 will be deprecated. It does say that people should move from Dynamics to CDS eventually.. but this is pretty much impossible due to limitations on the CDS connector.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Sorry to keep harping on this, but just something I'm passionate about. From the article I linked which specifically calls out "Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement": 

Power Automate - Dynamics 365 connector deprecatedPower Automate - Dynamics 365 connector deprecated

Also, reference these articles: 

I would recommend using the new CDS connectors (either one) going forward. Deprecated does not mean it's completely dead, it just means that it's going to be removed soon. Embracing these connectors now, even if there are small drawbacks which are being addressed, puts you in a better position long-term. Having to undo/redo/rework multiple flows due to changing connectors can be a headache.

And, yes, the Dynamics 365 connector will still work, but it's unknown how long this will be the case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,596)