cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

CDS List Records JSON Output

How does one view the outputs of the CDS List Records?  For example, I'm trying to follow the steps outlined in this blog: https://saralagerquist.com/2019/11/25/how-to-avoid-the-get-record-action-to-retrieve-related-data-in...

To configure the Parse JSON step I need the outputs from the List Records step.  The flow runs successfully but I cannot see the outputs.  All I get is a status 200.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple as I'm new to Power Automate.  

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @djallen

I have encountered this limitation many times.
Yes you can just leave the flows outside of the solution that have a PowerApps trigger.

When the solution with the canvas app gets exported it will bring the flows along with them.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

@djallen 

Hi there - I'm having trouble recreating the issue, is it a custom entity?  Are there any filters?  I just did a manual trigger to list the Users records and got a link to download.  Maybe post a pic of the step in edit mode?

Thanks!

-Ed

@edgonzales 

Some additional information I just discovered:

This problem manifests when I try to create a flow from a canvas app by clicking this button 

Capture2.JPG

If I create a flow directly from Power Automate, the List Records works as it should.  Unfortunately, when I create a flow from Power Automate it does not appear in the list of available flows in my canvas app.  A flow will only appear in that list if I create from with the canvas app.  The canvas app and flows are all being created in the same sandbox environment.  I must be doing something wrong.  

Ah, ok.  That does help.  Check out this thread, which may help.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

@edgonzales 

Okay.  Here's my situation:  I have a model driven app in a solution.  I'm creating an embedded canvas app within that model driven app to perform some actions.  Some of those actions will require flows triggered within the canvas app by buttons (or toggles, etc.).  If I read that thread correctly, because these apps are created within a solution, button triggered flows are not supported.  Is that correct?  If so, will creating the canvas app and flows outside of any solution and them importing them into the solution work?  Can I create an embedded canvas app outside of a solution if the model-driven app resides within a solution?

Sorry for the convoluted questions.  I'm still trying to figure out best practices within the Power Platform.

Thanks again.

Dan

@djallen 

No worries on the questions, but Power Apps stuff is way outside of my wheelhouse... Maybe Eric can let you know how he solved it... @ZePowerDiver ??

I'll keep digging around too.

-Ed-

Hi @djallen

I have encountered this limitation many times.
Yes you can just leave the flows outside of the solution that have a PowerApps trigger.

When the solution with the canvas app gets exported it will bring the flows along with them.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (64,563)