cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

CDS (current Environnement) Update record Error when updating a relationship.

Im trying to associate a newly created record to a parent record. 

Configuration of the action:CDS (current environnement) Update RecordCDS (current environnement) Update Record

Associated Record guidAssociated Record guid

I'm getting error 400 bellow. The GUID is right.  Does any one knows the resolution?

"statusCode": 400,
"message": "Resource not found for the segment '8dc8966c-61c8-e911-a811-000d3af46b49'.",
"innererror": {
"message": "Resource not found for the segment '8dc8966c-61c8-e911-a811-000d3af46b49'.",
"
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: CDS (current Environnement) Update record Error when updating a relationship.

@sseguin 

Hi there - These may sound weird, but just for my own information:

• The Employee value that you're using as the Record Identifier, is that the GUID from the User entity? or the known GUID for the record with the same name in the Resources entity?
  • Have you tried looking at the data to verify they are the same?

Curious to see how this plays out.  Thanks for the update.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: CDS (current Environnement) Update record Error when updating a relationship.

Hi,

The employee is teh GUID for my custom entity Resources. The GUID is right in the INPUT of the Action.

InputInput

In the INPUT I'm noticing that the EntityName is wrong. It should be "job_resources" but Flow added "es" at the end. Is this normal?

Thank you for your help

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

I don't think Flow arbitrarily adds characters like that, so there's got to be something else going on.  Is there another entity that is spelled close to the one you've selected?  I'm wondering if there are two entities and we've just selected the wrong one.

Also, I think it would be worthwhile to look at the data inside your Resources entity to verify that GUID matches a RecordID.  I'm not super familiar with CDS, so I usually just build a separate manual Flow to get the records, dump that into a table, and then paste it someplace I can look at it.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Ed,

The GUID is good and also their is no other entities that as a name close to it.  

I think I might need to open a Case to Microsoft.

Thank you,

Stephan

@edgonzales wrote:

I don't think Flow arbitrarily adds characters like that, so there's got to be something else going on.  Is there another entity that is spelled close to the one you've selected?  I'm wondering if there are two entities and we've just selected the wrong one.

Also, I think it would be worthwhile to look at the data inside your Resources entity to verify that GUID matches a RecordID.  I'm not super familiar with CDS, so I usually just build a separate manual Flow to get the records, dump that into a table, and then paste it someplace I can look at it.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

@edgonzales wrote:

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Finaly, Microsoft answered that this connector is still in preview. Event though that it doesn't say Preview.

It work using the connected Common data service.

Stephane

@sseguin wrote:

Hi Ed,

The GUID is good and also their is no other entities that as a name close to it.  

Thank you,

Stephan

@edgonzales wrote:

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

@edgonzales wrote:

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

@sseguin wrote:

Hi Ed,

Thank you,

Stephan

@edgonzales wrote:

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

@edgonzales wrote:

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

@sseguin wrote:

Hi Ed,

Thank you,

Stephan

@edgonzales wrote:

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

@edgonzales wrote:

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hello Stephan,

I hope you're well. I've had the same error with the Common Data Service (Current Environment) connector. My flow was when an Opportunity is updated, it created a new Task and assigned it to the Opportunity. 

Flow

On the Common Data Service (Current Environment) action, I used "Create a new record" to create my Task record. The action has a field called "Regarding Opportunities". In that field I selected, from the "Dynamic content" pane, the Opportunity field called "Opportunity", which is the unique identifier of the Opportunity. See below:

Unique Identifier.gif

Error
Yet I received this error.

CDS CE error.gif

Solution

What I had to do is add a little bit more to the field called "Regarding Opportunities", before I added the dynamic content I wrote opportunities/ then I added the dynamic content value. See below:

Dynamic content expression.gif

No error now, but a success

And as you can see, this now didn't fail, it was a success and associated my new Task record with my existing Opportunity record. See below.

Successful run.gif

Please note:

• This also works by writing it like this opportunities() as below shows, although I find opportunities/ less fiddly.

Dynamic content expression 2.gif

• And note that I wrote the plural of opportunity so I wrote opportunities. Many an hour was wasted for that little tip.

I see you've used the Common Data Service connector now, but I hope this helps in the future maybe, or if someone else is getting this problem.

Thanks very much,

Garry

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just to make sure: you need the EntitySetName.

This can be found in Entity Reference here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/developer/entities/accou...

Otherwise for things like "Unit" it might take you a while until you think about "uoms"...

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @sseguin

In the Update current salary CDS action. Can you try selecting a value from the drop down list in the field ‘Resource Type’

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up ?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,501)