cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

*CRITICAL ISSUE!!!* List limits with "Get" actions???

This came up today.  This may be a critically serious issue if it cannot be resolved.  This is absolutely unexpected, and I am worried about my project being deliverable!  

Error:  "The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator. clientRequestId: 2b517dbf-7e5c-4e26-83f4-33b2dce18728 serviceRequestId: 7b1e8e9e-e0b2-6000-bec7-b0874a236760"

There are in excess of 5,000 items in this list.  Why is it failing with a simple action?  This is the first indication of an issue. 

image.png

image.png

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: *CRITICAL ISSUE!!!* List limits with "Get" actions???

Hi @martinav,

There is a limit of 5000 items for sharepoint lists in microsoft flow currently. And those get throttled when hit a list bigger than 5000 items.

There is a similar post has the same issue as yours:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Working-with-SharePoint-lists-larger-than-500...

This is a known limitation, if you want to extend, please consider to submit an idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @martinav,

Have your problem be solved according to my solution? If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Super User
Super User

Actually, I ended up doing a manually triggered flow varying the range each time to step through the several thousand items at a time, using the list ID.  It was inconvenient, but doable.  

While I did appreaciate your letting me know the details of the limitation, it did not really offer a solution.  Thus, I'll be using this as the solution.  

Thank you.

Super User
Super User

@v-yuazh-msft,

I would like to revisit this.  The other over 5,000 issues Ive seen have to do with filters, and having results over 5,000 items.  My get items request will only return ONE item, per my using the Top Count control.  Thus, it seem strange that the actual search is limited to 5,000 items.  That does not seem right.  Is there a setting somewhere else that can help with this situation?  I will actually have a very large problem if my flows stop failing as lists exceed 5,000 items.  I mean, I need it fixed POST HASTE because I already have ont that is at 5,283.  It is a document libraray, but I have not seen this error yet, and I have many flows searching against it.  So, is there another problem here?

Keridwen
Level: Power Up

Not sure if you have solved this issue or not. I have a sharepoint list that is over 16K and needed a flow to send closed items to an archived list

What I ended up doing was the following:

Added a second Filter Query to exclude a lot of items.

Created a view that only allowed 100 items (which is what I was after) and used that in my Limit Columns by View

Indexed the columns that were used in the Filter Query and the Order by.

I tried several of the above by themselves but only in concert did it actually work.

I'm not sure if this will help you with the documents listing but I hope so.

Good luck

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 154 members 4,430 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: